Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default Can't open XLS file I created

Following Pecoflyer's message, here is how to change macro security
1.. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2.. Click the Security tab.
3.. Under Macro Security, click Macro Security.
4.. Click the Security Level tab, and then select the security level you
want to use.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bubey" wrote in message
Window XP Sp2 - MS Ofc 2000 / Excel

I created a list in Excel by doing a copy/past from a web site.
(List of name, address, phone, website) I did a save when done
and then tried to disable all the hyperlinks on the page. Followed
directions I got off the web, F11/Macro to remove hyperlinks.
I closed and saved and then when I tried to re-open it but got
the following error msg:
'The workbook contains a type of Macro (MS Excel ver. 4 macro)
that cannot be disabled nor signed. Therefore, this workbook
cannot be opened under High Security Level.'

This is all Greek to me, please help so I can get it opened,
removed the hyperlinks and make like a plain Excel file again.

Thanks in advance for your help !