Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gordon[_5_] Gordon[_5_] is offline

Default cannot open exel from windows xp in windows vista and visa ver

Helen wrote:
Bernard,

Maybe you can help me. I am trying to open an XLR file, as an XL
spreadsheet. It will not open as an XLR file. I am running out of
Microsoft Office 2003, vista. I tried the utility compatability you
suggested and downloaded it, but I am still not able to open this file. Can
you help? thanks, Helen

xlr is a Works Spreadsheet. AFAIK Office 2003 will only open Works 2
files. You need to get whoever sent it to you to do a "Save As" and save
it as an Excel format, not a Works format.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level