Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lapa Lapa is offline

Default conditonal formatting

Sheloo, thanks for your answer, but the question is not in the formula.
the question is how to format the cells (for example, make them red)on the
same manner as for the first cell in the row.
how to make the similar formatting for every cell in the row.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Did B2<C2<D2 work?

I think you need the formula
=AND(B2<C2,C2<D2)

You can then paint the formula to other cells...

If you want to compare B2 to C2 and C2 to D2 for the whole row then use
=AND($B2<$C2,$C2<$D2)

"Lapa" wrote:

Hi,
Could you please smdy suggest a decision for the following problem.
I have excel 2007, i do conditional formatting for the row.
For example, if B2<D2<C2, then D2 is red. It is simple and I know how to do
it.
After that I want to make the same clause for the whole row D, but for every
cell should be applied smth like that B3<D3<C3 appropriately.
B4<D4<C4
But when I do formal painter or simply copy paste the cell the rule became
the same. Like B2<D3<C2, B2<D4<C2.
I hope I was clear in focusing of my problem
Any decisions are welcome cause it is not appropriate for me to create/edit
a formatting rule for every cell