Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lpyrrm lpyrrm is offline

Default Why does Excel unprotect all my sheets when I hit save?

I have protected several sheets in an Excel workbook and in each case have
set a password without which users shouldn't be able to unprotect. But when
I try to save the file, Excel for some reason comes up with a prompt asking
me to enter a password to "Unprotect Sheet". Whatever I do at this point
(either enter a password or click cancel), the workbook will save and the
worksheet will still be protected but it's no longer password-protected,
which I really need it to be! Any help on fixing this would be much
appreciated.