Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jatman[_2_] jatman[_2_] is offline

Default How can you make a postcode have a gap in the middle all down

I like the code, but the code will not be applied to a column, but only cell
D13. how could the code change from

If Target.Column < 7 Then Exit Sub

to just a target cell?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Canadian postal code?

To change existing entries.

=UPPER(LEFT(G1,3)&" "&RIGHT(G1,3))

For new entries you could use event code to change them as you entered them.

If Target.Column < 7 Then Exit Sub 'adjust column to suit
On Error GoTo ErrHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula)
.Value = (Left(Target.Value, 3) & " " & Right(Target.Value, 3))
End With
ErrHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is event code. Select the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste the above into that module.

As written operates only on column G........Target.Column < 7

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 03:35:01 -0800, Ianwal
wrote:

Help please as daily we produce a list of addresses and post codes and some
clients put a space between the numbers and some do not. We need a space
always