Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
abusymomforever abusymomforever is offline

Default Sum a column that contains if statement that reference cells w

I removed all the "" but that did not fix the problem so I additionally
changed a8=0 instead of "N/A" and that fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help

--
abusymomforever

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Try removing the quotation marks from around your numbers.

Putting them in quotes makes XL see them as Text, not numbers.

Then use =SUM(B8:B1000) to total them.

In article ,
abusymomforever wrote:

I have tried every fx, combination of functions, formulas, etc and nothing
seems to work. Here is what I have and please someone tell me how to get a
numeric sum that isn't 0! Column B is IF Statement copied down Column B
=IF(a8=1234,"268.80",IF(a8=2345,"335.80",IF(a8="N/A","0.00",IF(a8=9876,"230.00
",IF(a8=1010,"245.00","0.00")))))

A B
8 1234 268.80
9 2345 335.80
9 N/A 0.00
10 9876 230.00
11 N/A 0.00
12 1010 245.00

Even with the correct number of (), changing the N/A to 0 and changing it in
the formula I still get 0 or #value or some other error message. I did try
sum(a8+a9) and that seemed to work but I have hundreds of cells to add and
that just won't be feasible.

Please HELP!!!!

abusymomforever