Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Using one sheet to complete information in another sheet

Hi,

You need something like

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D2,Sheet2!A$2:B$100,2,)),"stuff", VLOOKUP(D2,Sheet2!A$2:B$100,2,))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Anne" wrote:

Hello! I have 2 worksheets. I have Sheet1, where D1's column header is
"Fund". E1's column header is "Fund Desc". In Sheet1, D2 has a value of 42.
E2 is blank.

In my 2nd sheet, in the same workbook, I have Sheet2 A1's column header as
"Fund" and Sheet2 B1's column header as "Desc". Sheet2 A2 has a value of 42
and Sheet2 B2 has a value of "State Shared Taxes". Sheet2 A3 has a value of
43 and Sheet2 B3 has a value of "Misc".

How can I fill in Sheet1 E2 with "State Shared Taxes", since Sheet1 D2 is 42?

I'd need to be able to use this formula over again... Sheet1 DX can have 42,
43 or nothing in it. If nothing, then Sheet1 EX is left blank. Otherwise,
Sheet1 EX gets a value of "State Shared Taxes" or "Misc".

Any help would be appreciated, since we're under a looming time limit and my
Excel books are at home.
Thanks!