Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pecoflyer[_194_] Pecoflyer[_194_] is offline

Default Data Sort

Colorado Greenskeeper;243005 Wrote:
I am wondering how to sort cells/rows in groups.
Each group will contain many rows containing product info for a given
day.
Each group will also contain ONE "Total" row i.e. price, total
nutrients, etc.
Even though each row in the group will have the same date, sorting by
date
changes the order within the group (there is no column that has
asceding data
for Excel to look for a second condition for the sort) usually putting
the
"Total" at the top of the group, which screws up the calculations.
I also need to be able to enter/change data in the groups.

As far as I understand your needs, a Pivot Table might be what you need

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=67742