Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Daren Daren is offline

Default Conditional Formatting to Show Red Highlight in Text Field

Not totally...the cells in column D can also have other words in it, such as
The First (Saturday). I want the conditional format to show red whenever the
word Saturday appears in the cell regardless of how many other different
words there are. Do you know how to do this? Thanks.

"Luke M" wrote:

To clarify, you want all cells in column D that say "Saturday" to have red
background?

Format-Condition Format, Cell value is equal to "Saturday". Choose red
pattern.

Or, if you wanted a corresponding column to change color
Formula is:
=D1="Saturday"
and then pick pattern, and copy cell down as desired.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Daren" wrote:

Hello. I have text values in column D that contain the word Saturday. I
need a conditional format that turns the cells red to use in column D to find
those cells that contain Saturday. I think a formula can be used in
conditional formatting but I am unsure what it can be. How can I do this?
Thanks.