Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Conditional Formatting to Show Red Highlight in Text Field

To clarify, you want all cells in column D that say "Saturday" to have red
background?

Format-Condition Format, Cell value is equal to "Saturday". Choose red
pattern.

Or, if you wanted a corresponding column to change color
Formula is:
=D1="Saturday"
and then pick pattern, and copy cell down as desired.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Daren" wrote:

Hello. I have text values in column D that contain the word Saturday. I
need a conditional format that turns the cells red to use in column D to find
those cells that contain Saturday. I think a formula can be used in
conditional formatting but I am unsure what it can be. How can I do this?
Thanks.