Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Holly Holly is offline

Default VLOOKUP 2 workbooks

I'm trying to use VLOOKUP with two different workbooks, but I can't seem to
get it to work. I use VLOOKUP all the time with no issues, but I can't seem
to get it to work when linking two different workbooks. I have an original
workbook that we update and then one that has info copied from the original
workbook. Both have end dates and I tried using VLOOKUP in the copied file
to update the end dates to the dates in the original file (the one we
update). This is what my formula looks like:

=VLOOKUP(B2,'[A Fund List (1-20-09).xls]Fund List'!$A$2:$L$944,12,)

B2 is in the second workbook and the rest of the info is in the original
workbook. Is the problem the column index? Maybe?

Thanks for any help!
Holly