Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default format cells in degrees & minutes of arc.

I don't know how you get your 364 instead of 353, but if you are still
asking how to deal with wrapping round at 360, you were given the answer of
using the MOD function.
--
David Biddulph

"dougsan" wrote in message

What i am trying to do is set up a spred sheet that would allow me to
apply
magnetic varation to a true course. the varation coud be east or west in
which case i would eather + or - the ajustment. for example if true course
was 005° Mag VAR 12°W i would have to -12° to give me a mag heading of
364°
and if True course 356° Var 12°E i would need to +12° mag heading 008°
I hope that gives you a clearer understanding of what i am trying to do.

"dougsan" wrote:

I am back!!!!!
What i am trying to do is format cells in degrees & minutes of arc. i
have
tried useing the time function but the problem i run into is
if i have 270° and i need to add 100° in a clockwise direction i get 370°
not 10°