Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dave in NJ[_2_] Dave in NJ[_2_] is offline

Default User Selectable Series and Number of Series for Line Chart

Hi Shane,

The formula that defines the data range named PlotData is:
=Offset(Sheet1!$a$1,0,0,Sheet1!$a$36,Sheet1!$a$37) where $a$36 contains the
number of data points for each series, obtained by the columns function on
the entire database, and where $a$37 contains the number of series obtained
by counting user inputs. Note that when PlotData is re-entered in the chart
source data range field, the correct data is charted, indicating to me that
the formula defining PlotData name is working properly.

Also, there is a typo in my first post...the parenthetical comment should
read:
(e.g., =Sheet1!$A$1:$E$35)

Dave

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

What is the formula you are using for the defined name?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire