Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default COUNTIF-look for dates in range

Hi,

If you need to handle years then

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A$1:A$200,"MY")=G1))

In this case you enter your date in as text in G1 as 109 meaning Jan 09.
You can enter the date as text you typing '109 (putting an apostrophy in
front of the number.

There are many variations of this idea depending on how you want to indicate
the date.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"richzip" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where there are several cells, each containing a date.
I would like to set up a formula that counts how many of thsoe cells contain
dates within each month. So, I want to count the number of cells that
contain dates from 1/1-1/31, 2/1-2/28, etc.