Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Memphus01 Memphus01 is offline

Default does not contain letter filter

I am trying to do an advanced filter using data in the rows above my data

i have four columns that I am filtering.

columns A-C contain numeric data and I am not having any issue with those
filters.

column D has a three letter rating system ranging from AAA to FFF (each of
the three letters could be A,B,C,D,F...for example you could have ACA, ABD,
ADD, etc...)

I would like to filter that column for records that does not contain a C,D,
or F.

I tried ="<*C*" (for example) but it is not working.

how can I write that formula so that it looks at all three letters and
excludes any C's,D's,F's?

Thanks