Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bapeltzer bapeltzer is offline

Default COUNTIF-look for dates in range

My preference is to use two countif functions for each range. For example,
to count the dates in January 2009, I'd count all those on or after Jan 1 09
and subtract the count of those on or after Feb 1 09:
=countif(range,"=" & date(2009,1,1)) - countif(range,"=" & date(2009,2,1))

"richzip" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where there are several cells, each containing a date.
I would like to set up a formula that counts how many of thsoe cells contain
dates within each month. So, I want to count the number of cells that
contain dates from 1/1-1/31, 2/1-2/28, etc.