Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Need MAX value if condition is met

=MAX(IF(Adjusted!$B$3:$B$25,"Thu",Adjusted!$I$3:$I $25))
Confirm formula as an array formula by using Ctrl+Shift+enter

I'm assuming the B column is your days, and I column is numbers. If not,
switch the arrays around.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"SCC" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that lists usage in our computer lab. From the data I
am able to get the average usage for each day using the averageif function
=AVERAGEIF(Adjusted!$B$3:$B$25,"Thu",Adjusted!$I$3 :$I$25). How can I get the
max value for each day. There is no maxif or 'if.. then' functions.