PegL

Assuming you have XP (or above??), there are a couple of options:
1. change the formula to =sum($D4:$G4).
2. In Tools;Options, Edit tab: uncheck Extend List formats and formulas.
I recommend 1 since 2 could have an impact on other things that you do.

"Mike Busch" wrote:

I have a worksheet that has the following labels, Name , Facility, Class,
16yd/1, 16yd/2, 16yd/3, 16yd/4, 24yd/1,24yd/2, 16 total,24 total, overall
total. Te formula in the 16 total is =sum(D4:G4) which give me the total of
all the 16yd shooting. in in Column D thru G the 24 Total is =Sum(H4:I4)
this will give me the total for the two columns labels 24yd. OK when I put
data into these 6 cells, the 16total adds as I input into the first four
cells, but it also picks up the next 2 cells for the 24yd/1 and 24yd/2. The
24yd is always correct as is the Overall total, and the 16ydtotal are wrong.
When I go the the formula for the 16 total after this, it changes to
=SUM(D4:I4). Any help Thanks