Jason Dove

The point I was making, is that I stated at the very beginning what answers I
had seen and were not what I was for to solve the problem. Yet I was still
receiving those same answers. I had referenced and read the HELP contents
provided with Excel and I was looking to see if someone new a different way
to approach help to get the answer my company is looking for to solve the
problem.

From what I can tell, the responses to similar posts on this issue state how
much they love the new set up that comes with Excel, but not all of us like
the "Compare" or "Arrange" functions in Excel now. When opening new Excel
spreadsheets from within Excel, separate program windows are desired. This
function existed prior to Windows 2003 and should be a setting in Tools -
Options - General | "Open New Worksheets in New Windows."

When I have read other people's post asking for the same function, the same
answer is posted, "Try the Arrange", "Try Ignore", "Open one Excel file and
open a second from start" instead of an internal setting to make Excel open
in the same fashion as Word or Outlook, which is opening New Program windows
with each new file.

Unfortunately, your answer, which you are restating "(I need to
enter "excel.exe" in the Run box on my system)" was read the first time it
was posted and noted as not being the function my company is looking for to
solve the problem, still does not solve the question that was posted.

"swatsp0p" wrote:

Jason, I think you have a grave misconception. This is NOT a Microsoft owned
and operated Help site. This is a group of Excel users (just like you) that
utilize this forum to give and receive help from other users. Unfortunately
for you, the correct answer to your question IS within this thread (I need to
enter "excel.exe" in the Run box on my system) and you missed it!

Most of us in this discussion group just shake our heads at users like you
that refuse to be thankful for the time others take to offer help. Maybe you
should look elsewhere next time you can't figure something out by yourself.

Cheers!

Bruce

--
The older I get, the better I used to be.

"Jason Dove" wrote:

You obviously didn't read any of the help question.

Once again, if you don't know the answer, please find someone who does
instead of showing your ignorance.