Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default How many rows after sorting?

If you sort ranges is the same as the formula Range (A1:A4465,B:B4465, an
C1:C4465) there should be no problem with the sorting. The three criterias
shouldn't be in the sort range.

"Big Kahuna" wrote:

Is it possible for the cell which I have placed this function recalculate as
I sort? The minute I sorted the number went away. I want to see that number
change as I add criteria to the sorting.

Example:
Total # of People
Add criteria 400 people removed. See total left.
Add criteria again 800 people removed. See total left.

"Joel" wrote:

Sumproduct is the best method

=Sumproduct(--(A1:A4465=Criteria1),--(B1:B4465=Criteria2),--(C1:C4465=Criteria3))

You can put as many or few criterias in the formula. to get percentage
simply divide by 4465 and format the cell with the formula to show percentage.

"Big Kahuna" wrote:

I have a worksheet with 4465 rows of data. The data is sortable using the
list function. Any combination of sorting criteria brings back a different
set of results.

I want to be able to know the number of rows ( each row is a person) so that
I can see how many people out of the total number fall into a particular
category.

Even better would be a percentage, but by getting the number of people I
could manually convert to percentage.

Much appreciated for any adivce in advance.