Don Guillett

I suspect that your problem is not the version difference but is due to the
fact that you saved it to a cd. Never save a file to a cd or floppy. Always
save the file on the HD and then COPY to the cd. Then, copy from the cd to
the HD and then open from the HD.

However, there may be version differences too, depending on what you are
doing. When in doubt always create in the lower version which will work on
the later version.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Steve Venti" <Steve
wrote in message
I created a workbook in excel 2003. I then made changes to it on another
computer using excel 2000 and saved it to a CD. When I open the file up in
excel 2003 I get a message that says "data may be lost". When it does open
all the macros are lost.
Are ther limitations working between excel 2000 and 2003?