Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default how to create blank empty square cell graph template

This may not be applicable in XL 2007, but here's what I was able to find.

According to Help file, row height is measured in points, with each point =
1/72".
Thus, 0.1" equals 7.2 points. However, since XL is actually limited by pixel
size, 9 pixels equals 6.75 points, and 10 pixels equsl 7.5 points. Thus, the
problem is already skewed.

Assuming we're content to use 6.75 points (0.09375"), you then take note of
the 9 pixel count, and adjust column width. Width is measured by
characterlimit of default font (how nice of Microsoft to be inconsistent!) It
works out that 9 pixels = a width of 0.75 when using a default font of 10.

Since it sounds like your final outcome is to print, we'll go ahead and
adjust all rows/columns. Select entire spreadh sheet, and set row and column
widths (only need to do this once, not once for every row/column). Now, give
borders to the area you actually want (your 75x100).

Again, not sure if this applies to XL 2007, I did this in XL2003. Best of
luck!
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"HIOX8" wrote:

I need a simple way to create an empty cell graph with 75 columns with each
column .1 inch wide and 100 rows with each row .1 inch high. This implies
margins of .5 inches all around on an 8.5" x 11" paper. I have found a
possible way to do this in Microsoft excel 2007 by setting each column
individually to .1" width (75 times) and then each row to .1" height (100
times) but I always seem to end up with a few rows visibly too wide or too
high, and God knows how many more might be imperceptibly off by .01 inch in
either height or width or both. In Microsoft works, I can create a simple
template, but I have not found a way to make any cell smaller than one
quarter of an inch square. Whenever I search, I never find any downloadable
simple instruction that does not involve squaring data when I mention
geometrically square cells, or "non-empty" whenever i search for empty
cells. Whenever I search to create a template I find out how to open and save
a workbook that I do not have because i have not successfully created the one
i need to open and save. Forgive me for being such a dummy. I am something
more of a reactor than a creator. Please note that a square is a rectangle
with all four sides the same length. A rectangle is a four sided figure with
every corner at right angles. All right angles are equal. I am not asking to
build a baseball field.