Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Add second string of data to existing chart

Hi,

Sounds like the chart type you have is Stacked Line rather than a normal
line chart.
So you need to change the chart type. Chart Tools Design . Change Chart
Type.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Lori" wrote in message
Excel 2007
I have a chart with one line of data, about 7 points. The source data is
in
c7:k7. I want to add a second line of data with source c8:k8. When I do,
it
creates a second line as an sum total of point 1 (rows 7 and 8). I am
using
chart tools, design, select data. I have used the interactive guide with
no
success.