Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Drewpotlad Drewpotlad is offline

Default Subtracting Holidays from Calendar Days

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 06:05:01 -0800, Drewpotlad
wrote:

Hi All,

I know how to subtract holidays from NETWORKDAYS in a formula by defining
them (as in Christmas Day 25/12/2008), but I have a process that is giving me
a headache. It is measured in calendar days, so at present I am doing a
simple subtraction of start date cell - end date cell of process. However, I
obviously cannot account for any holidays in year. Is there a formula/way of
doing this?

Thanks,

Drew

Not sure exactly what you want.

How does a "calendar day" differ from a "day"?

Do you want to include or exclude weekend days?

What do you mean by "account for any holidays in year"? Do you want to include
or exclude them?
--ron

Hi Ron,

Basically I want to count all days including weekends. What I want to
exclude are all public holidays, such as Christmas/New Years Day and Easter
Holidays (as well as all other British Public Holidays)

Thanks,

Drew