Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Workbook Workbook is offline

Default IF Statement Modifications

Thank you for you're input. I am not sure if I implemented this formula
correctly. I had some trouble making it work. I wonder if it's something I
did wrong.

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

You may also use the VLOOKUP() function. Please try
=VLOOKUP(B7,$C$9:$D$12,2,0). C$9:$D$12 is a table with two columns where
column C has H,K,M and P. Col. D has the acronyms

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Workbook" wrote in message
Thank you TValko for this statement =IF(Sheet1!B7="H","JER",""). I am
wondering can it be modified to include the 4 following variations so that
if
H, K, M, or P is entered into cell B7 the associated acronym will appear?

If K is entered in cell B7 on Sheet1 then SHJ will appear in J7
If M is entered in cell B7 on Sheet1 then MCJ will appear in J7
If P is entered in cell B7 on Sheet1 then NOP will appear in J7