Tushar Mehta

See Trendline coefficients
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ti...efficients.htm

Note that the page works with IE or Firefox. Apparently, it contains=20
formatting that is incompatible with Navigator.

--=20
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,=20
says...
Andy,
Thanks for your reply. I looked at Bernard's examples and don't exactly=

=20
understand the big picture... When Excel calculates a logarithmic trendl=

ine=20
(or any other trendline for that matter), it must hold the equation facto=

rs=20
somewhere. That's what I'm after. In the case below (plot data: x=3Ddat=

es, y=20
=3D values), the resulting two trendline equation factors (values) change=

=20
slightly each period, and that value is what is needed. Or, is a full dr=

ess=20
approach such as Bernard's the only path?
=20
"Andy Pope" wrote:
=20
Hi Phil,
=20
Have a look at Bernard Liengme's examples of using worksheet formula to=

=20
determine equation elements.
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips
=20
Cheers
Andy
=20
Phil Hageman wrote:
When adding a trendline on a chart, one option is to add the trendlin=

e=20
equation to the chart. Is there a way to also populate off-chart cel=

ls with=20
the various factors of the equation?
=20
For example: the equation on a chart is: y =3D 5.1460E+05Ln(x) - 2.50=

51E+06. =20
The 5.1460E+05Ln(x) value would be found in cell A1, and the =E2=A4=

=3D3F2.5051E+06=20
value in cell A2. As values are added to the data matrix and the equ=

ation=20
changes, the cell values would change accordingly.
=20

=20
--=20
=20