Andy Pope

You could try David's code as suggested by Jerry to extract the info
from the data label.

activechart.SeriesCollection(1).trendlines(1).data label.text

Cheers
Andy

Phil Hageman wrote:
Andy,
Thanks for your reply. I looked at Bernard's examples and don't exactly
understand the big picture... When Excel calculates a logarithmic trendline
(or any other trendline for that matter), it must hold the equation factors
somewhere. That's what I'm after. In the case below (plot data: x=dates, y
= values), the resulting two trendline equation factors (values) change
slightly each period, and that value is what is needed. Or, is a full dress
approach such as Bernard's the only path?

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi Phil,

Have a look at Bernard Liengme's examples of using worksheet formula to
determine equation elements.
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips

Cheers
Andy

Phil Hageman wrote:

When adding a trendline on a chart, one option is to add the trendline
equation to the chart. Is there a way to also populate off-chart cells with
the various factors of the equation?

For example: the equation on a chart is: y = 5.1460E+05Ln(x) - 2.5051E+06.
The 5.1460E+05Ln(x) value would be found in cell A1, and the €“2.5051E+06
value in cell A2. As values are added to the data matrix and the equation
changes, the cell values would change accordingly.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info