begrry begrry is offline
Junior Member

Default parameters not allowed

I found a thread in here regarding MSQuery limitation to create a parameter query when the query cannot be viewed graphically. i have inner and outer joins and a sub query in and need this to be a parameter query.

this was the advice given on that thread
Create a VIEW on the database server containing the SQL. Modify your
Excel app to query the VIEW rather than the base tables.

I need to make several of these queries and the IT dept is hesitant to create views for them. Is there another way around this?

Begrry