Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
dan dan is offline

Default edit chart legend spacing

Jon...

I often wonder if you MVP's even read what the original post says. His
legend entries are single words such as "Daily" and "Weekly." I'm not a
"Microsoft MVP" but I can bet that line wrapping isn't the issue here. The
problem is how excel 2007 automatically formats the legend to have
ridiculously large spacing in between each legend entry. This wouldn't be
such a big problem except for the fact that it appears to be impossible to
change that line spacing. Really now... this is sad.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Select the legend, then drag the handles to stretch it laterally. This will
prevent the line wrapping which produces double-height legend entries.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"phocused" wrote in message
Hi, I am creating an office 2007 pie chart. I have the legend on the right
with a list of entries relating to the data in the pie chart. However the
legend doesnt show all the entries unless I make the chart a really big
size.
The Legend looks like this
Daily

Weekly

Monthly

So On

I have noticed that there is what looks to be double line spacing between
each entry in the legend and I want to make the entries closer together so
it
looks more like this
Daily
Weely
Monthly
So On

but I can find anywhere that allows you to edit this. i can edit fill,
font,
shadow, everything except this one simple thing.

Any ideas?