Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Same Column on Two Sheets (Auto-update / match)?

Your formula is fine but when you need to insert a row do the following so
that it occurs in both worksheets:

1. While holding down the CTRL key, click on the tabs for sheets 1 & 2
2. Select the row where you want to insert the new row
3. Click INSERT on the menu and select ROWS
4. Right click on either of the selected worksheet tabs
5. Select Ungroup sheets

You'll have to copy the formula above the newly inserted row in sheet 2

Hope this helps

--
Kevin Backmann

"sarah" wrote:

Hi. I have two sheets in the same workbook. I need a column on the 2nd
sheet to match a column on the 1st sheet. So that when data is entered into
this column on sheet1 it is also entered automatically on sheet2. Is this
possible? I tried to set the column on sheet2 to =Sheet1!A1, but when I
delete/add rows to sheet1 it does not update sheet2.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.