Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rpt_Me4NotBeingSmart Rpt_Me4NotBeingSmart is offline

Default need a formula to fix time

I'm not sure of the answer you need so I will describe the situation:

I pull the time from a program, when it is output any time that is less than
an hour shows up as :mm:ss. If it is an hour or greater it comes out as
h:mm:ss. I want to be able to work with the time that is less than an hour. I
am sure there is some workaround for it in the way of a formula, but don't
know it.

"Dave Curtis" wrote:

Hi,

Is the value text or a time?

If the value is indeed a time, can you not just apply a custom format of
hh:mm:ss?

Dave

"Rpt_Me4NotBeingSmart" wrote:

Lets say I have time in cell A1 that displays as :59:02. How can I write an
If formula to say If A1 contains :xx:xx, then insert a zero at the
beginning, otherwise do nothing?