Keith

Thanks for your response Dave. With you giving me a "second wind" I had
another go and have found that the problem is that using a named range of
more than one cell does not put the name in the watch window: only single
cell names are recorded. I was trying to put a named range of two cells into
the watch window, hence my problem.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Keith

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can name a single cell (or any range) via:
insert|name|define.
(Or selecting the range, then typing the name in the namebox (to the left of the
formula bar).)

This is the name that appears in that dialog.

Keith wrote:

In the watch window there is a column header called "name". I have not been
able to find any reference on how to use this, not in Excel help and not on
the Microsoft help. This is my last ditch quest for assistance!

--

Dave Peterson