Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Excel-User-RR Excel-User-RR is offline

Default multiple criteria count formula with duplicate data

Hi John,
Unfortunately your suggestion does not return the result that I am looking
for. I need a formula to ignore duplicate jobtitles in the same session #.
Sorry if my explanation of the problem was convoluted. I want a unique
jobtitle count for each month excluding duplicates. Does that help?
Thanks.
"John" wrote:

HI
Try this =SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A40="January"),--(C3:C40="Manager1"))
Just change Month and Jobtitle.
Adjust range to your needs.
HTH
John
"Excel-User-RR" wrote in message
Please help with finding a formula to count how many of each jobtitle per
month, by session # listed in a table would be appreciated. Sometimes 2
jobtitles are in the same session. I am looking for results that would be in
a 2nd table which displays count of each jobtitle by month. For example, I
would like to calculate how many of the Manager1 jobtitle were from January
(result=2) and Director1 for February would be 3. I am hung up on the fact
that the session number repeats and I only want to count each jobtitle in
each session once using Excel 2003. Can someone help me please? Thank you
very much.
# Month Interviewer Jobtitle
1 January John Smith Manager1
1 January Mary Jones Manager1