Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Larry Larry is offline

Default How to remove cell padding ?

Hi - I'm trying to butt a cell entry hard up to the left hand side of a cell.

I'm inserting the block character (char code 2588) and the idea is to be
able to place blocks in successive cells (as a result of a formula) to create
a solid block line.

However, Excel seems to insert a fex pixels of space between the edge of the
cell and the character, creating an indent. The only formatting options
appear to be Left(indent) - ther isn't a "left" option. this menas my row of
blocks are separated by these indent spaces - most unsatisfactory.

Has anybody been able to remove this indent and butt cell entries up tight
against the left hand cell wall.

Thanks