Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Count Unknown Text

Create a pivot table on your data. If will sum whatever people have sold
tickets for you.

Regards,
Fred.

"conflusterated" wrote in message
I am needing to count text, but I don't know exactly what text it is that I
am counting. I am making a spreadsheet to tell what kind of business we
are
getting, who is selling well, and where each persons strength is. Today I
may write 10 tickets ( I can count myself, and input my name), but
tomorrow
it may be someone else. Without knowing who will be in my office, I would
like to count how many people and how many tickets each person writes,
without knowing the name of the person in my office that day.

I hope this makes sense! I would greatly appreciate any help!