Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Using ISERROR with more than 2 cells of data

Hard to tell without knowing how you're calculating O2, Q2 & S2, but you
might want to use SUM(), since it ignores text ('+' will return the
#VALUE! error if one of the arguments is text):

=SUM(O2,Q2,S2)

and format the cell to display - if the result is 0 (e.g.,
Format/Cells/Number/Custom: General;General:"-";@

In article ,
heyredone wrote:

I have a worksheet with breakdown calculations of hours worked in a given day
for a person (morning block of time, afternoon block of time & possibly a
third block of time). I am now attempting to calculate the total number of
hours a person worked for a given day. I have used
=IF(ISERROR(O2+Q2),"-",O2+Q2) with cells O2 & Q2 being hours worked in a
block of time. Some people have a 3rd block of time in a day (column S) and
if I try =IF(ISERROR(O2+Q2+S2),"-",O2+Q2+S2) it either gives me "-" or an
error, which I know to not be an accurate result.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you!