Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Calculating Military Time

Just put =NOW() in the cell, and apply a custom format of:

mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm

to the cell.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 16, 4:47*pm, Joe Wildman
wrote:
I have the same problem, I was able to use this code but i am unable to edit
it because it is a formula, =MONTH(NOW()) & "/" & DAY(NOW()) & "/" &
YEAR(NOW()) & " " & HOUR(NOW()) &
":" & MINUTE(NOW())

maybe there is some way to create an input cell as to drop it into the coded
cell as to default to the format needed, my problem is i can't get rid of the
seconds, but also need a way to edit the time,

"Chip Pearson" wrote:
2nd answer : try =ABS(B2-A2).

That will give an incorrect result if B2 is less than A2, as in start
at 22:00 and end at 5:00.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
* * Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 23:58:00 -0800, xlmate wrote:

1st answer : try using the format hh:mm
2nd answer : try =ABS(B2-A2).

HTH- Hide quoted text -