Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Excel-User-RR Excel-User-RR is offline

Default formula to count sets of repeating numbers

Good Morning,
Thank you very much for your help. It did the trick. I appreciate all
times.
Thanks Again!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(FREQUENCY(A2:A9,A2:A9)=N))

Where N = sessions attended by N people

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Excel-User-RR" wrote in message
Please lend expertise to the following dilemma: In the list below column A
contains repeating session numbers. Column B contains the session date.
Column C contains the person's name. How can I count the number of
sessions
with people attending in specific amounts? For example I would like to
know
how many sessions were attended by 2 people, by 3 people, by 4 people,
etc.
Each result would be in a separate cell. Thanks for your time and
assistance
with this Excel 2003 formula. Per the example the results should be: 2
people=1 session (#2), 3 people=2 sessions (#s 1 & 3).
A B C
1 2/13/09 Mike Jones
1 2/13/09 Sue Day
1 2/13/09 Joe Blow