Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Richard M Richard M is offline

Default Convert xla add-in to xlam?

The xla does not work properly in 2007. When a spreadsheet is opened you just
see a plain blue page until the Office button is clicked. As this is an
add-in that is suppplied to a lot of clients, this will generate a lot of
support questions.

Setting ThisWorkbook.IsAddin property to false etc., enabled me to save the
addin as xlam (thanks). Then I re-registered the add-in. When I open a
workbook all the functions get renamed to Addin.xlam!function, which (I
think) means all the cells in the workbook that use that function need to be
changed.

Richard

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

In the VB Editor, select the project's ThisWorkbook object, then change the
IsAddIn property to False. This makes the add-in workbook visible in Excel.
Switch to Excel and do Save As choosing the xlam file type.

The xla should still work (mostly, anyway) in 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Richard M" wrote in message
I have an add-in in xla format that I want to convert to xlam. Save-as is
unavailable in normal Excel and the VBA editor. How do I do it?