Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Find next good data in a column

Hi,

You should test before you come to a conclusion. The fact is that OFFSET
from J1 is automatically one row below the last NA. Because if the last row
is 15, 15 offset from J1 is J16!

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"rocket" wrote:

This is a clever way to find all the rows that have an NA, but I think the
MAX function will return the last row with an NA, not the next one. I'll have
an intermediate array like (0,0,0,4,5,0,0,8,9,...). I either need to be able
to restrict the range (which is the problem that I don't know where the next
good data are) or use a "MIN but 0" logic. Almost there...

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Here is one example, an array entered formula that returns the first non-na
after the last na:

=OFFSET(J1,MAX(ISNA(J3:J17)*ROW(J3:J17)),)

Being an array you must enter it using Shift+Ctrl+Enter

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"rocket" wrote:

I have a column in my worksheet with many #N/A entries. I'm looking for a
function which will return the next "good" (non #N/A) data value from a later
row in that column. I want to save that to the row with the bad data, so I
cannot filter out all the NA rows. I've got Excel-2007.