Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Convert 1.1B to 1,100,000.00

Hi,

Here is an entirely different approach which require no formula or code.

1. Select an empty cell and enter 1000000
2. Copy that cell
3. Press Ctrl+F and click the Format button on the right
4. On the Number tab choose Custom and find or enter your #.##"M" format.
Click OK once.
5. Click the Find All button. The first hit will be highlighted in the
window at the bottom of the Find dialog box.
6. Scroll the list to the bottom, hold down the Shift key and click the last
entry. This should select all the hits.
7. Click Close
8. Choose Edit, Paste Special, Multiply

Repeat these steps for the items formatted as billions.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"SteveM" wrote:

How do I format cell to convert 1.1B to 1,100,000.00 I have large list with
revenue shown in #.##B and #.##M. Need to convert Billion and Million to
standard numbers.