Jimbola

You would typically use a vlookup to do this.
Col A = Name
Col B = Address
Cell C1 = Validation list
Cell D1 =Vlookup(C1,A1:B100,2,false)
where A1:B100 is the range with the names and address.

So you pick a name in the list, the vlookup finds that name in colum A and
returns the address from colum B. You need to be careful about duplicte names
i.e. if you have 2 John Smiths the vlookup will return the address of the
first one in the column.

HTH

"gbeard" wrote:

I have a sheet of customers and their info. Column A is the customer name,
column B is their address and so on. I have a cell where I can select a
customer with data validation. I'd like the next column (beside the data
validation cell) to call the cell in column B next to the name of the
customer which is selected in the data validation cell, i.e. if the 10th
customer is selected in BF2 (the data validation cell), then the 10th
address would show in BG2.

Thanks in advance,
Gary