Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Average in Pivot Table

Shane, this is the data from the Pivot Table except the "Average Column" is
outside of the Pivot Table to illistrate the challenge. The reason I need to
calculate in side the Pivot Table is the actual average I am trying to get is
the average of the Grand Totals or the 88%. My problem is that the A3 (blank)
is being included to calculate the average.

8 10 11b Total Average
1 0.75 1 91.67% 91.7%
(blank) 0.75 1 58.33% 87.5%
1 0.5 1 83.33% 83.3%
1 0.5 0 50.00% 50.0%
1 1 1 100.00% 100.0%
(blank) 1 1 66.67% 100.0%
1 1 1 100.00% 100.0%

100% 79% 86% 79% 88%

Thanks again for you help.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

You haven't told us what your base calculation is. With the dummy data you
provided I just change the base calculation to average and get exactly the
expected result in the Grand Total column.
I tested in 2003 and 2007.

Are A, B, and C different fields or different elements of a column field?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jeff" wrote:

I have created a formula in a Pivot Table to average A,B and C.
I have tried the following with the same results:
=AVERAGE(A,B,C)
=Sum(A,B,C)/Count(A,B,C)

A B C Should be Formula
1 0.75 1 0.9167 91.67%