Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FangYR FangYR is offline

Default Date fomula not working

Hi All,
I have checked "Add-ons", install all, yet same result. to be specific,
cell G2, the formula, in A2, I enter "1/3" (ie 3th Jan) and I expect A2 to
read "3 Jan 2008", but "3 Jan 2009" appeared. Driving me cracy.
Any thing I might have miss out?

--
Regards
FangYR

"FangYR" wrote:

I am back again.
Thanks to all of you. I tried according to all your advices but it did'nt
work as it did before, even when trying on in older worksheets which worked
fine, then. I thing somthing "add-ons" sre missing. Let me try on that, then
come back to you all.
Thanks again
--
Regards
FangYR

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Good one, Rick.

Regards,
Fred.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
I'm pretty sure this simpler (than the original) non-ATP formula will also
work...

=A2-365-(DAY(A2)<DAY(A2-365))

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

The function is calculating the date one year prior with and adjustment
for
leap years. It works as written.

However you might consider using the following which does exactly the
same
thing:

=EDATE(A2,-12)

In Excel 2003 or earlier you will need to attach the ATP - Tools,
Add-Ins,
and check Analysis ToolPak. In 2007 nothing to do.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"FangYR" wrote:

I have use this last year, it's fine until now. the formula is now new
to Ron,
=DATE(YEAR(A2)-1,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2))-(MONTH(DATE(YEAR(A2)-1,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2)))<MONTH(A2))
That is, I enter a month and day in A2 and it will appear as last year's
date, but now nothing changes, still in default year 2009.
Please advise.
--
Regards
FangYR