Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Average in Pivot Table

Hi,

You haven't told us what your base calculation is. With the dummy data you
provided I just change the base calculation to average and get exactly the
expected result in the Grand Total column.
I tested in 2003 and 2007.

Are A, B, and C different fields or different elements of a column field?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jeff" wrote:

I have created a formula in a Pivot Table to average A,B and C.
I have tried the following with the same results:
=AVERAGE(A,B,C)
=Sum(A,B,C)/Count(A,B,C)

A B C Should be Formula
1 0.75 1 0.9167 91.67%