Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Formula for adding Columns

Hi,

If I understand you want a single formula to give the result of all of the
rows: suppose your data runs from row 2 to 100 then

=SUMPRODUCT(C2:C100-(D2:D100+E2:E100))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Gary" wrote:

Sorry... I want to take C, subtract D and E to get F (C-D-E=F) . In other
words, I want to take each line, start with sales (C) subtract fees (D) and
Tax (E) to get a net Sales figure. I know how to do it one cell at a time,
but I know there's a way to set it up once so that it will happen
automatically on each line... But I can't recall how to do it..nor can I
find it in any "Help" resource. So I really appreciate your interest...

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

Do you want to SUM them then add them or just add rows across?, can you
explain a little more?

Gary;230898 Wrote:
Please help ...I'm going mad... How do I enter a formula to add colums
together?

Thanks in advance

--
Simon Lloyd