Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Simon Lloyd[_94_] Simon Lloyd[_94_] is offline

Default Formula for adding Columns

Ok, put this in F2 (assuming you have headers)* =C2-D2-E2 *now with F2
selected press Ctrl+Shift+End then click EDITFILLFILL DOWN, now your
done!

Gary;230962 Wrote:
Sorry... I want to take C, subtract D and E to get F (C-D-E=F) . In
other
words, I want to take each line, start with sales (C) subtract fees (D)
and
Tax (E) to get a net Sales figure. I know how to do it one cell at a
time,
but I know there's a way to set it up once so that it will happen
automatically on each line... But I can't recall how to do it..nor can
find it in any "Help" resource. So I really appreciate your interest...

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Your problem is not clear... pl. provide more information with sample

data.

If you want to add A1, B1, C1 in D1 then use
=A1+B1+C1 in D1

"Gary" wrote:

Please help ...I'm going mad... How do I enter a formula to add

colums
together?

Thanks in advance

--