Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Average in Pivot Table

Hey Max,

Thanks for the response. AVERAGE works for me outside of the pivot table. It
is inside that is my problem :-)

"Max" wrote:

Not sure there's a way to get it up using calculated fields in a PT
But you could frame it up in a col adjacent to the PT
Assuming (PT) data as posted in cols A to C, from row2 down
use this in say, D2, array-entered,
ie press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to confirm the formula:
=AVERAGE(IF(A2:C20,A2:C2))
Copy down

And if there's possible error values (#DIV/0, #N/A) occuring within the data
as well, something quite common in PT analysis,
use this in D2, array-entered, copied down:
=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(A2:C2),IF((A2:C20),A2:C2)))
--
Max
Singapore
"Jeff" wrote:
I have created a formula in a Pivot Table to average A,B and C.
I have tried the following with the same results:
=AVERAGE(A,B,C)
=Sum(A,B,C)/Count(A,B,C)

A B C Should be Formula
1 0.75 1 0.9167 91.67%