Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to remove the seconds on a VB mirror = cell

Maybe...

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
With ActiveCell 'with activesheet.range("A5")
.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm"
.Value = Now
End With
End Sub

Joe Wildman wrote:

I also used with the code below, still shows seconds. I am using Private Sub
Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) so the cells are coded in VB to input
data in cell a1 and will = in cell a100 so it will show in the correct
format. Yes the seconds don't show up in the input cell but it shows the
seconds in the output cell.

Sub Button58_Click()
[A5].Value = DateSerial(Year(Now), Month(Now) + 1, 0)
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM"
End Sub

and/or

Not sure yet if i can get this to format right...

Sub Button58_Click()
[A5].Value = TimeSerial(Hour(Now), Minute(Now), Second(Now))
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "HH:MM:SS"
End Sub

"Joe Wildman" wrote:

Does not work... no matter what I do it always shows the seconds in the = cell

Sub Button58_Click()
ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm")
End Sub

"Joel" wrote:

you just need to format the cell

activecell.numberformat = "mm/dd/yy hh:mm"

"Joe Wildman" wrote:

Hello everyone, I created a button, when i click on it, it fills a cell with
the current time, i can edit the time after i click the button if needed, I
did some VB code where as that cell will = to cell C35, well that works but
the problem is it shows the seconds and that does not work. any Ideas?

Button:

Sub ss1()

[D8] = Now

End Sub

Also, I have this code that works fine but I am unable to edit the time when
there is a formula in the cell... =MONTH(NOW()) & "/" & DAY(NOW()) & "/" &
YEAR(NOW()) & " " & HOUR(NOW()) &
":" & MINUTE(NOW())

--

Dave Peterson