Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
holmansworld holmansworld is offline

Default Getting Two Rows in A Pivot with Identical Data

Hi All,

I hope there is some hope for me. I even think this might be easy, but I'm
literally spending hours trying to figure it out.

When I run my pivot, I have data that has the same row information, but the
Pivot only shows one row, it will now show the row seperatly.

My Data is as follows:

Report Date Time User Elapsed Data Seconds
Report A 11/3 8AM User 5
Report A 11/3 8AM User 5
Report A 11/3 4PM User 7
Report A 11/3 4PM User 10

While two rows show that Report A on 11/3 Ran at 11AM for a user, and the
time it took was 5 Seconds, the pivot will not show two rows of data, it will
only show one. I need two rows of data, because I'm running another forumla
along side the pivot that will give me a count of how many times Report A was
run. So right next to the Pivot I need to show a total count for Report A of
4. Because my Pivot is only showing one row of data for the 8AM run, I cannot
get my count correct. The Total for the AM run is correct at a total of 10
Seconds, but I need to see two Rows. I'm running over over twenty or so
reports, so my real data looks like Reports A through Reports Z, with
periodic instance where one report was run at the same time for the same
duration. Each time and only when this happens, my count that is running
along side my pivot table is off. I have have to run the count along side the
pivot as part of my project.

My Pivot looks like this:

Sum of Elapsed Data Seconds
Report Date Time Elapsed Data Seconds User Total
Report A 11/3 4PM 7 User 7
10 User 10
8AM 5 User 10

Any assistance at all and I would VERY GRATEFUL!

Thank You!

Holman's World Inc (R)